Monday, 9 January 2017

Behind the Scenes with my Books


Now that my books have arrived, I have had the opportunity to go through one of my books once more. It is amazing how every time I go through the book I find something else to alter, add, change and hence, I am in the process of revising my book. It's only been out about 5-6 weeks and already I am thinking of how to improve it. However, having my books arrive has given me another idea and so I am gradually being in touch with non-OTs to hear what their thoughts are about the book. I have approached 6 non-OTs so far and have had two responses. I am very excited to say that I have a book packaged and ready to go to Canada and another packaged and on it's way in a totally different direction, all the way down south to Australia. 

If you are in one of the health professions and have a blog and are willing to read one of my books in order to give your feedback and post a review onto your blog, please be in touch

While I network to promote my book "Healing Your Life Through Activity" I am trying to decide which of my other books to work on. I have a few on the go. One is pretty much written and requires my reading and re-reading it and then some major editing work. In many ways this book should be the next one to come to print. It makes sense chronologically. My problem is the volume of work to edit it. The joys of getting into the book world.

What would be your preference to read about?
  • My personal and professional experience with a chronic illness
  • Moving to work from home with lots of tips interwoven into my story. 
  • Working with women from an occupational therapy perspective
  • The next was a recent request, something I have thought about often and that is a book about coma stimulation. 
I have a few other books that I could work on that will probably come next. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you have a preference as to which to read or hear about?

This post is prepared for you by
Occupational Therapist, healing facilitator, certified infant massage instructor, freelance writer and co-author of "Tuvia Finds His Freedom" and author of "Healing Your Life Through Activity - An Occupational Therapist's Story"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...