Thursday, 19 January 2017

Next Step in the Journey with my Book




Writing a book is quite a journey. This post is the next phase or detour of the journey. 


It is a very strange feeling to think that my book is slowly but surely getting to all kinds of places that I have not been to myself. Yesterday I mailed off a copy of the book to someone in New Zealand and another to a doctor in Jerusalem. Yes, the address in Jerusalem is one I am familiar with, but I have never been to New Zealand. My book has now gone to the US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand. Canada and Australia I have not been to either. It is quite a surreal experience and I am so looking forward to starting to receive feedback. 

In the meantime, though I ran a crowd fundraiser before bringing out the book, I was not successful in reaching anything near my target. As a result, I did not have the funds to pay an editor. I have read the book at least a half dozen times, perhaps more. My mother has read it 3 times and my husband has read it twice and still I am finding areas to improve. So, I have taken the book offline for 2 weeks to give myself the opportunity to read the book once more and iron out any changes that I feel are necessary. I am still awaiting feedback from my previous head of department from when I was a student. However, there are changes I have made including adding a section that I am very excited to have added. 

If you are interested in my book "Healing Your Life Through Activity - An Occupational Therapists Story" please follow this blog for news of when the new revised version will be available, or join my author page on FaceBook for regular updates on the progress with the book.

It is such a fun and exciting process and the best part is that by self-publishing I have the freedom to improve and upgrade the book whenever I have an idea of how to make it even better than it already is.

In the meantime, please support us by purchasing a copy of our children's nature story, "Tuvia Finds His Freedom" available in English and Hebrew.  Your purchase will enable us to continue writing further books on the topic and to write others on a range of topics related to occupational therapy.

Thank you for your support, it is much appreciated.

This post is prepared for you by
Occupational Therapist, healing facilitator, certified infant massage instructor, freelance writer and co-author of "Tuvia Finds His Freedom" and author of "Healing Your Life Through Activity - An Occupational Therapist's Story"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...